Because of the emotional strain of thinking about this became too much (and I still rage), I password protected the majority of the pages and posts on this site and sort of walked away for a bit.
However, it still ate away at me, knowing there are many other women in the world experiencing the same things I went through. So:
- as more and more women hit the streets and become “engaged” in social justice/activism work;
- with the most recent news of R. Kelly and another woman coming forward;
- Joss Whedon’s wife telling her story; and
- the fantastic article written by City Paper about Baltimore artists and abuse,
As time permits, I’ll unlock more of the content, as I’ve seen an increase in organic searches.
As Rep. Maxine Waters Said during last night’s Black Girls Rock, “If You Come For Me, I’m Coming For You.”
You can read my response to their email here and here.
On Jul 10, 2017, at 10:34 AM, Kana A…<healthis…mail.com> wrote:
July 9, 2017
Courtney & Associates,
This email letter is sent by women who are committed to community and have been looking into your claims. This letter is drafted with respect, attention and care. All comments herein solely reflect the concerns and wishes of its authors.
Courtney …, child of Brenda and Robert …, you and Asere Bello are no longer in relationship (on ANY level) therefore, Asere Bello holds no obligation to partake in any process(es) with you and does not seek any process with you.
Your postings of personal conversations, the logistics of this healing/ accountability process, and showing a general distrust of the process has further made us question what type of resolution you’re looking for when you continuously twist information and spread untruths.
Your continued attempts to smear Asere and the women within his circle are disgusting and disgraceful. The malicious actions, behaviors and methodology you utilized to incite a platform for outrage and disdain is volatile to say the very least. In the last three months, you authored and disseminated degrading emails, lies and misleading posts via a website you created to slander Asere Bello. This deception you carried to Asere Bello’s employer and business associates. Investigations were done and your claims were proven false.
The individuals you’ve identified have provided written accounts and testimony reporting that your interpretations and statements are absolutely false. Asere Bello is and has been a supportive and positive force in their lives.
Collectively, we’ve been acquainted with and worked alongside Asere Bello for more than twenty years. Our experiences include personal, professional, spiritual, as well as in community. Accountability systems have and will always remain in place for the work he does.
We collectively agree that;
1. All persons involved in the process be respected and valued for our time and efforts in the matter that has deeply impacted all of our lives.
2. Cease all methods of contact with Asere Bello.
3. Only maintain contact with the designated person assigned via email.
4. That you immediately cease and desist website and all accounts created.
5. Give the website up to designated person and all accounts created.
6. Once the above is done, the designated person, and only that person will reach out to you for final closure.
In collective agreement,